By using better components, our systems operate more efficiently—which pays off in energy savings, component lifecycle, and carbon footprint.
Refrigeration and energy costs are a major part of any supermarket or grocery store’s operating budget. We all love saving money, and that’s even more satisfying when investments contribute to a sustainable future.
Retrofitting or modifying existing systems can reduce your energy bills. There may even be rebates available in your area for businesses reducing their energy emissions.
We install and service all of the following grocery store refrigeration equipment—and more!
A wide range of merchandising & display solutions:
- Commercial refrigerators, freezers, and coolers
- Display fridges, freezers, and deli fridges
- Refrigerated cases
- Walk-in coolers & freezers
- Building Automation Systems (BAS)
- Digital control systems
- Gas & leak detection systems for refrigerants
Grocery store refrigeration systems:
- Chilled water & glycol systems
- Commercial CO2 & freon compressor plants
- Flooded & direct expansion systems
- Freezer floor frost prevention systems
- Heat recovery systems
- Hydro-cooling & vacuum cooling systems
- Low-charge multiplex systems
- Low global warming potential (GWP) refrigerant systems
- Multiplex dry expansion configurations
- Process chilling & blast freezing
- Refrigeration compression systems
- Secondary loop systems
Grocery store refrigeration components:
- Chillers & condensers
- Cooling towers
- Variable speed exhaust fans
- Industrial & commercial dehumidification
- Insulated panels for cold storage facilities
Pssst: Don’t see the item you’re looking for here? This is only some of the grocery refrigeration equipment we routinely install and service. Get in touch today to learn how we can help with yours!
We sure can!
Best thing for grocery stores working with heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) specialists?
Not only do we rock farm-to-table refrigeration processes, we also really know ventilation, indoor air quality (IAQ), and thermal comfort!
As a full-service HVAC/R company, our indoor air quality experts can help you enhance your customers’ safety and shopping experience—which helps attract new shoppers and encourage repeat visits.
Our indoor air quality offerings include:
- Our FREE article Indoor Air Quality: Everything You Need to Know and More
- A FREE online self-assessment tool with personalized recommendations for you
- Additional resources for businesses and those managing facilities, buildings, and spaces:
Navigating grocery store refrigeration options can be daunting. Our goal is to keep it simple for you.
For decades we’ve created systems that are cost-effective, energy-efficient, durable, and easily serviceable.
We’re proficient with all refrigerants from CO2 to R404A. We can even help with R22 (freon) retrofits if you’re ready to convert your equipment to a more sustainable and economically viable option.
Most importantly though, we’ll work with you to understand your needs and recommend options that work for you.
We value our customers’ and employees’ safety above all else. Our commitment to safety is one of our core values and we have the certification and training to back that up.
At Gateway, we also strive as hard to maintain your facility as we would our very own.
Here’s what you can expect from our team. At Gateway, we:
- Continuously audit and improve our safety program
- Are vendor-trained for specialized equipment
- Have the knowledge, experience, and training required to successfully complete work in any store
- Ensure all team members pass full security background checks
- Are COR (Certificate of Recognition) certified throughout Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan
Proper maintenance supports commercial refrigeration by keeping everything running smoothly—and keeps the cold stuff cold.
If one moving part in a refrigeration system stops working, it can spoil all inventory in the affected unit. Replacing product and repairing any damaged parts costs more time and money than just keeping equipment operating as planned.
Downtime isn’t an option for successful, efficient businesses.
Active monitoring, preventative maintenance, and 24/7/365 service availability across western Canada means we’ve got you covered.
Reduce service call impacts on your customers.
Grocery stores are activity hubs where customers expect an effortless experience.
When you need something fixed, you need a team that reduces the impact on your customers as much as possible. Whether we’re completing a renovation or providing service and maintenance, we’re able to work at hours that suit your needs and don’t interfere with daily operations.
Even better? Our preventative maintenance programs can reduce the number of service calls by aiming to identify and correct issues before they happen.
Add protection with active monitoring systems.
Modern operations need modern tech solutions. Grocery store automation is more than just checkout efficiency—it also means smart HVAC/R (heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration) controls and offsite connectivity. When you work with us, you’ll even have the added convenience of tracking work orders, on demand.
Talk to our team today about Building Automation Systems (BAS), remote temperature monitoring, alarms, and preventative maintenance. We aim to help you work smarter, not harder.